Adriana Kirk-Miracle League's impact on a young girls heart!
Adriana Kirk
They Will Overcome
People of all ages, race, color and disabilities at some time in their lives have faced diversity. How they choose to handle it is up to them. I recently became involved with an organization through my grandfather's job and was given the opportunity to help. His company helps with an organization called Miracle League. Miracle league is an organization which helps children with disabilities play baseball. For one hour on Saturday parents sit in the bleachers and watch their children play baseball. Special fields were built so these kids can play. Volunteers help them hit the ball, throw, and catch. They push them around bases and help those that are able to walk with assistance have some fun. That's where I met Asa and Brooklyn. Their smiles are contagious and their personalities are loveable. The first time I helped, I pushed Asa around the bases he had some much spirit! When we crossed home plate he looked up at me and said, "I ran so fast they didn't even see me go past. That's when he stole my heart. These kids face diversity every day of their life and are challenged with little things that we take for granted. They showed me how they can overcome their disabilities and still function and have fun. Only if we give them the opportunity will they be able to overcome the challenges that are before them. They are willing and are up for the challenge.
>

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home